The Louisiana Department of Revenue has posted the Notice of Intent for a proposed rule regarding LAC 61:I.1907, Income Tax Credits for Wind or Solar Energy Systems.
The proposed rule accomplishes the following:
- Clarifying the meaning of the term “energy system.”
- Clarifying the definitions of residential sites where energy systems are installed
- Clarifying the items eligible for reimbursement
- Ensuring a credit cannot be claimed by both homeowner and installer on the same installation
- Clarifying the costs that can be used to calculate the credit
- Requiring itemized lists of equipment costs and installation costs