BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Department of Revenue (LDR) submitted to the Legislative Fiscal Office on Tuesday, August 7, a proposed rule to provide greater clarification and guidance on the costs that qualify for the state’s Wind & Solar Energy Systems tax credit. Upon receiving a fiscal impact statement on the proposed rule from the LFO, the department will submit a notice of intent to the Louisiana Register for publication on August 20, 2012.
LDR is working with stakeholders to develop a rule to address the following issues:
- Clarifying the meaning of the term “energy system.”
- Clarifying the definitions of residential sites where energy systems are installed
- Clarifying the items eligible for reimbursement
- Ensuring a credit cannot be claimed by both homeowner and installer on the same installation
- Clarifying the costs that can be used to calculate the credit
- Requiring itemized lists of equipment costs and installation costs
“From the day I became acting Secretary, one of my top priorities was to ensure that we are using all of our resources responsibly, and this review is a part of that process,” said acting Secretary of Revenue Jane Smith.