BATON ROUGE – Hunters and campers will pay no sales tax on firearms, ammunition and hunting supplies during the Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday Sept 7, 8 & 9. During these three days, eligible purchases are exempt from the 4 percent state sales tax and all local sales taxes.
The exemption applies to a wide range of supplies, including:
- Shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers or other handguns
- Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
- Accessories designed to be used for hunting
- Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear for use while hunting
- Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed for hunting. The exemption does not apply to golf carts, bikes, motorcycles, tractors, or motor vehicles that may be legally driven on highways.
Visit www.revenue.louisiana.gov/secondamendment for more information, including the full list of eligible items, excluded items and special provisions.