The most efficient, effective method of requesting an extension to file 2010 Louisiana income tax returns is to do so electronically.
For corporation income tax returns, you may use commercially available tax preparation software that supports the electronic filing of the Louisiana Application for Extension to File Corporation Income and Franchise Tax (Form CIFT-620EXT). If your software does not allow for preparation of Form CIFT-620EXT, the following options are available:
- Requesting the extension with LDR’s online Bulk Extension Filing application at www.revenue.louisiana.gov/bulkextension.
- Submitting a paper copy of Form CIFT-620EXT. This fillable form is available at revenue.louisiana.gov/taxforms.
- Submitting a paper copy of the IRS Automatic Extension of Time to File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns (Form 7004). When using this method, be sure to include the Louisiana Corporation Income and Franchise tax account number at the top of the form.
To make a payment with an extension request, you must do so through the commercial software electronic option; the Louisiana Taxpayer Access Point (LaTAP) at www.revenue.louisiana.gov/latap; or with paper copies of Form CIFT-620EXT or IRS Form 7004. The online Bulk Filing Extension application does not accommodate electronic payments.
Corporation income extension requests for 2010 calendar year returns are due no later than Friday, April 15, 2011.
To request an extension to file a Louisiana Individual Income Tax Return, use one of the following methods:
- Request an extension using commercially available tax preparation software
- File an extension request with Louisiana File Online at revenue.louisiana.gov/fileonline
- Request an extension through the Bulk Extension Filing application
- Submit a paper copy of Louisiana Form R-2868. This fillable form is available at revenue.louisiana.gov/taxforms
- Submit a paper copy of IRS Form 4868.
To make a payment with an individual income tax extension request, you must do so through Louisiana File Online, the commercial software electronic option, or with paper copies of Form R-2868 or IRS Form 4868. The online Bulk Filing Extension application does not accommodate electronic payments.
Individual income extension requests for 2010 tax-year returns are due no later than May 16, 2011.